Depart from your hotel in central Prague this morning at 9:00am, traveling by private car to Karlovy Vary, the Czech Republic’s historic spa town. The drive will take approximately 1.5 hours.
Karlovy Vary was named for Charles IV, the King of Bohemia and Holy Roman Emperor, who founded the city in the 14th century. The town‘s famous mineral springs, numbering more than 300 in total, have been praised for their healing effects for centuries by many visitors, including Russian tsar Peter the Great and the poet Goethe.
The city is also home to The Moser Glass Factory, which produces lead-free fine Bohemian crystal stemware and glassware. Visit the factory museum, displaying over 2,000 pieces following the company’s history from 1857 to the present.
Walk through the town center with your guide, keeping an eye out for Karlovarský porcelain, regionally produced fine china and Becherovka, a delightful liqueur flavored with anise and cinnamon. In town you will also view Vridlo (Giant Spring), the best known spring in Karlovy Vary, which sprays hot water (72°C) to heights of up 12 meters.
Lunch today will be at the unique and gorgeous Grandhotel Pupp, reconstructed in its present form in 1907. The Grandhotel Pupp has been at the heart of Karlovy Vary for three centuries and is home to the annual Karlovy Vary International Film Festival, one of Europe’s most important film events and among the world’s oldest.
This afternoon you are free to walk in town or swim in an outdoor pool fed by the famed mineral waters. Your guide will accompany and assist you.
Return to Prague this evening at approximately 6:30pm.
For dinner tonight, we suggest a unique restaurant in Old Town offering a menu of Mediterranean-inspired Czech food accompanied by an impressive wine list.
Overnight Kempinski Hybernská Prague
This morning transfer to Prague airport by private car in time to meet your departure flight, or continue on to your next Willing Foot itinerary.
*Price is subject to change due to date and time of year of booking as well as to currency fluctuation. The price is only an estimate at this time and an accurate costing will be provided when itineraries are chosen and submitted. Prices are based on double/twin occupancy.
- Accommodation: 1 night including 10% VAT and other taxes
- Airport transfer: Departure only
- Guide services: 1 full day, 10 hours
- All transfers by private vehicle
- Entry to Moser Glass Company and Museum
- Day 1: Lunch
- Day 2: Breakfast
- International and Domestic Airfare
- Passport, visa, immigration fees
- Personal items, such as alcoholic beverages and laundry
- Baggage/accident/travel insurance
- Evening /dinner transfers
- We recommend that our clients consult their General Practitioner or Travel Clinic for advice on necessary vaccinations or medicines depending on the region to which they are traveling.
- All guests are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for all personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation, and curtailment.
- Self-drive passengers renting a car are required to carry a valid international driver's license.