Following breakfast this morning, you’ll drive one hour and 45 minutes from Reims to the cathedral city of Amiens. Upon arrival, you’ll visit the beautifully-preserved 13th century Cathedral Notre Dame, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the largest church in France. Next on the agenda is the Maison Jules-Verne, the author's home for the last 35 years of his life. If you have time, you may want to see the Espace Imaginaire Jules-Verne as well.
After lunch, take a stroll through the quaint waterfront district of St.-Leu. Stop for a visit at the Theatre de Marionnettes, a theater and museum where "Ches Cabotans d'Amiens" perform traditional Picardian puppet shows. Nearby, you can stroll along the canals and view the beautiful vegetable gardens of Les Hortillonages.
Stay in the St. Leu district this evening for dinner at a suggested restaurant housed in a 15th century former boat workshop, which serves local meats, seafood, and vegetables.
Overnight Hotel le Prieure
Return your car and travel back to Paris by train this morning for your departure flight, or on to your next Willing Foot destination. It is not possible to return your rental car in Amiens, therefore you have the option of returning the car in Beauvais, which is en route to Paris, or returning to Reims.
*Price is subject to change due to date and time of year of booking as well as to currency fluctuation. The price is only an estimate at this time and an accurate costing will be provided when itineraries are chosen and submitted. Prices are based on double occupancy.
- All Accommodations
- Rental Car for 1 Day
- Train from Beauvais to Paris
- International and Domestic Airfare
- Passport, visa, immigration fees
- Personal items, such as alcoholic beverages and laundry
- Baggage/accident/travel insurance
- Cathedral and museum entry fees
- Theatre de Marionnettes Museum and performance
- We recommend that our clients consult their General Practitioner or Travel Clinic for advice on necessary vaccinations or medicines depending on the region to which they are traveling.
- All guests are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for all personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation, and curtailment.
- Self-drive passengers renting a car are required to carry a valid international driver's license.