This morning, meet your guide and transfer by train to Potsdam, 30 minutes from the center of Berlin, but an idyllic world away from the urban landscape. This island city on the Havel River is the former home of Prussian royalty; its natural beauty honed and embellished over the course of three centuries into what is now a setting rich in history and striking beauty.
Arriving in Potsdam, you will collect your bicycles and begin your guided visit at Sanssouci, the Royal Park and Palace of Frederick the Great and his final resting place. Cycle through the park to Neues Palais, the last of the great baroque palaces favored by the Great King of Prussia.
In the historic city center, walk through the fairy tale atmosphere along the cobblestone streets and small shops of the Holländisches Viertel (Dutch Quarter). Continue on to the Alexandrovska, the Russian colony named for Csar Alexander I, built to house the early 19th century members of the Russian soldier's choir residing in the city.
Stop for lunch at your leisure, after which, you will cycle to the Belvedere and climb the tower for the most spectacular view of Potsdam, with Berlin as backdrop.
Your final stop is Cecilienhof, the manorial residence of Germany's last Kaiser, Wilhelm II. This palace was the site of The Potsdam Conference of August 1945, where Churchill (later Clement Attlee), Stalin and Truman defined the terms for that would precipitate the end of World War II and seal the fate of Cold War Europe for the next half-century.
Return to Berlin by train. We will provide you with suggestions for dinner this evening.
Overnight Circus Hotel
This morning, after breakfast at your hotel, the morning is yours to explore the surrounding Mitte district at your leisure. Transfer by taxi to the airport for your departure flight, or continue on to your next Willing Foot itinerary, in Berlin or beyond.
*Price is subject to change due to date and time of year of booking as well as to currency fluctuation. The price is only an estimate at this time and an accurate costing will be provided when itineraries are chosen and submitted. Prices are based on double occupancy.
- Train transfers
- Bicycle rentals
- Full day guided visit to Potsdam
- Day 2: Breakfast
- International and Domestic Airfare
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Items of a Personal Nature
- We recommend that our clients consult their General Practitioner or Travel Clinic for advice on necessary vaccinations or medicines depending on the region to which they are traveling.
- All guests are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for all personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation, and curtailment.
- Self-drive passengers renting a car are required to carry a valid international driver's license.