After breakfast this morning, you’ll be privately transferred approximately five hours from Delhi to Agra, a pleasant city with a comparatively easy pace.
Upon arrival, check into your hotel, a sprawling property surrounded by six acres of lush gardens, with spacious rooms overlooking the Taj Mahal. The hotel houses various restaurants that use local ingredients in preparing colorful regional favorites.
After you’ve had time to settle in, you’ll depart on a half-day tour of Agra, which includes the famous sandstone Agra Fort and Itmad-ud-Daulah. Situated along the Yamuna, the fort was built in the 16th century by three generations of Mughal emperors, and is a superb synthesis of stern military fortifications with delicate interior details. (The Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays.)
Overnight Taj Gateway Hotel
This morning, you will be taken on a sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal.
One of the New Seven Wonders of the world, the Taj Mahal is at its most magical at sunrise and sunset when the light plays on the marble and surrounding waters, presenting the building in all of its majesty and splendor. Built in 1630 by a Mughal king as the final resting place for his beloved wife, the Taj Mahal, a symbol of eternal love, is widely considered to be one of the most beautiful buildings in the world. Finished in marble and adorned with jasper, jade, turquoise, lapis, and sapphire, and taking almost 22 years to complete, the Taj Mahal is the finest lasting example of Mughal architecture which combines Persian, Islamic, and Indian architectural styles.
Following lunch this afternoon, you will be transferred to the airport in Delhi in time to meet your flight home or to continue on to your next Willing Foot destination.
*Price is subject to change due to date and time of year of booking as well as to currency fluctuation. The price is only an estimate at this time and an accurate costing will be provided when itineraries are chosen and submitted. Prices are based on double occupancy.
- Guide services
- All transfers
- Monument entrance fees
- Porters' fee at the airports only
- All currently applicable taxes
- Days 1-2: Breakfast
- International and Domestic Airfare
- Airport entrance and exit fees
- Visa (if required)
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Items of a Personal Nature
- Entry fees payable on site
- We recommend that our clients consult their General Practitioner or Travel Clinic for advice on necessary vaccinations or medicines depending on the region to which they are traveling.
- All guests are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for all personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation, and curtailment.
- Self-drive passengers renting a car are required to carry a valid international driver's license.