Upon your arrival in Mexico City, you will be met by your driver and privately transferred to your hotel. We suggest that you dine at your hotel this evening, enjoying a spectacular view of the Zocalo, the National Place, and Mexico City’s Cathedral.
At 7 am this morning, you’ll meet your guide in the hotel lobby to begin your adventure. Head three hours towards the city of Zitácuaro in Michoacán. Leaving Mexico City behind, you'll wind through thick forests en route to your accommodation for the next two nights. Covering 12 acres of rural woodlands, the ranch is rustic and tranquil, and offers charming, roomy cabins, as well as both Mexican and French home style cooking.
Several butterfly sanctuaries have been established throughout the area, and this afternoon, you’ll have your first encounter with the monarchs, as you hike through the forest to find butterflies blanketing the trees.
Breakfast this morning will include real huevos rancheros, after which you’ll head out on your second visit to the butterfly sanctuary, finding the best observation point in the area. Other daily activities include a visit to the Endandio Waterfall and the nearby hot springs, further hiking along the dramatic landscape of the Sierra Madre Occidental mountain range, and a trip into town.
Please note that your visits to the sanctuaries will depend on the location of the migration and local conditions.
This morning, you will be privately transferred three hours by car to Mexico City in time to meet your departure flight home, or to continue on to your next Willing Foot destination in Mexico. Please do not schedule flights before 2:30 pm.
*Price is subject to change due to date and time of year of booking as well as to currency fluctuation. The price is only an estimate at this time and an accurate costing will be provided when itineraries are chosen and submitted. Prices are based on double occupancy.
- All transfers and ground transportation
- All guided services and tours unless noted as “optional”
- All taxes
- Days 2-4: Breakfast
- International or Domestic Airfare
- Airport entrance and exit fees
- Visa (if required)
- Trip Cancellation Insurance
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Items of a Personal Nature
- We recommend that our clients consult their General Practitioner or Travel Clinic for advice on necessary vaccinations or medicines depending on the region to which they are traveling.
- All guests are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for all personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation, and curtailment.
- Self-drive passengers renting a car are required to carry a valid international driver's license.