Upon arrival in Hawke’s Bay you will be transferred to your waterfront accommodation. This afternoon is at your leisure to settle into your new surroundings. You may wish to explore the Art Deco streets of Napier at your own pace.
This evening we recommend dinner at a bright and breezy new restaurant with views overlooking the water, where the chef, from Milan, offers an Italian-influenced menu matched to owner Sean Burn's eclectic wine list.
Overnight The Crown Hotel
This morning you will be met at the hotel by your local guide and set out together to explore the best of the Bay.
On the sands of a glorious Hawke’s Bay wilderness beach, an extraordinary Maori elder (kuia), Orine, lives an inspired life in the rhythms and age-old customs of the Maori culture. On her land experience a formal welcome (powhiri).
Delve into Maori life, both past and contemporary. Listen to her fascinating discussion of current circumstances and the things that are important to her family, their connection to the land, the importance of whakapapa (lineage) and life amongst her people. Spend time with this inspirational woman who carries the mana (respect), courage and relentlessness to keep the culture alive.
Lunch will be at a coastal winery, where you will meet the owner/winemaker, an excellent award-winning winemaker with character to match! Clearview Estate is a small boutique winery famous for its Chardonnays, big reds and dessert wines.
After lunch, visit one of New Zealand’s celebrated Maori artists in her studio. Her work is described as a tangible expression of an unbroken chain of uncertainty, linking through to her ancestors, and ultimately, to the source of all creation. With stirring insight into that which connects the Maori people to their past and their present, she will take you on a spiritual journey into her creative and resourceful world.
Hawke’s Bay, the fruit bowl of New Zealand, offers some wonderful food artisans to visit. Sample the fruit from the trees of a working orchard where you can pick your own with the owner. Taste some of the local cheeses or perhaps olives and olive products at the tasting table of the Telegraph Hill Olivery.
At the conclusion of the day you will be transferred back to your hotel.
Overnight The Crown Hotel
Today is at your leisure. We recommend you enjoy one of the following optional activities:
• Winery Tour by Bicycle: Offering a unique, one-day, cycling experience giving you the opportunity to enjoy tasting some of Hawke's Bay's finest foods and wines, while at the same time, taking in the superb scenery of the Ngatarawa Triangle. Cycle past vineyards, olive groves, orchards, horse studs, and farmland - all on flat terrain with wonderful vistas.
• Golf at Cape Kidnappers: This simply stunning Tom Doak designed course is the sister course to Kauri Cliffs. It is a par 71 course unlike any other, with holes positioned on the cliff edge which drops away to the waves far below in Hawke’s Bay.
• 4WD Fly Fishing: Hawke’s Bay offers world-class fly fishing within an hour’s drive. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced angler, there is opportunity for challenge and success in the many kilometers of pristine water.
• Gannet Bird Safari: Travel by luxury 4WD to visit the largest and most accessible mainland gannet colony in the world. Traverse riverbeds, broad rolling pastures and breathtaking inclines, to observe the gannet in its natural environment. **
This evening we recommend dinner at a local winery. Nestled in the Taradale Hills, you will enjoy sweeping views of Napier City and the coast beyond. Spectacular by night, the vista is unparalleled in Hawke’s Bay.
Overnight The Crown Hotel
This morning, transfer to the airport by private vehicle in time for your return flight, or continue on to your next Willing Foot destination.
*Price is subject to change due to date and time of year of booking as well as to currency fluctuation. The price is only an estimate at this time and an accurate costing will be provided when itineraries are chosen and submitted. Prices are based on double/twin occupancy.
- All Accommodations
- Airport Transfers: to/from Napier Airport
- Full Day Guided Tour of the Best of the Bay
- Days 2 – 4: Breakfast
- International and Domestic Airfare
- Passport, visa, immigration fees
- Personal items, such as alcoholic beverages and laundry
- Baggage/accident/travel insurance
- All Recommended Optional Activities
**Price quotes for optional activities are available by request, and will depend on availability and seasonal rates.
- We recommend that our clients consult their General Practitioner or Travel Clinic for advice on necessary vaccinations or medicines depending on the region to which they are traveling.
- All guests are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for all personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation, and curtailment.
- Self-drive passengers renting a car are required to carry a valid international driver's license.