Meet your guide this morning at 10:00am for a private excursion to the Arrabida Peninsula. Crossing the April 25th suspension bridge across the Tagus River, you will encounter sweeping mountain views overlooking the Atlantic Coast and a panorama of plant and animal species unique to this protected micro-climate.
Stop in San Simao and visit a factory where traditional Portuguese tiles, azulejos, are crafted, following a tradition that spans five centuries. Introduced to the region by the 15th-century Moors, these iconic tiles of bright color and detail developed into a distinct regional tradition in Portugal and Spain. Portuguese tiles are a cultural mainstay, adorning the most humble and exalted buildings alike with great artistry.
Continue on to a winery that is still maintained by the founder’s family more than 150 years after he began making his trademark Periquita. Here you will enjoy a visit and tasting. The region is known for its unique Moscatel de Setúbal, a rich, fragrant wine.
You will take a scenic drive through Arrabida Mountain National Park to the charming fishing village of Setubal. Lunch on your own at a luxury inn housed in a 17th-century castle overlooking the Arrabida Hills and the Setubal Bay.
Later, return to Lisbon, where the remainder of your afternoon will be at leisure. We will provide you with recommendations for dinner this evening.
Overnight Hotel Lisbon Plaza
This morning, explore Lisbon on your own. When you are ready, transfer to the airport by private car for your return flight, or continue on to the next part of your Willing Foot adventure.
*Price is subject to change due to date and time of year of booking as well as to currency fluctuation. The price is only an estimate at this time and an accurate costing will be provided when itineraries are chosen and submitted. Prices are based on double/twin occupancy.
- Accommodation: 1 night
- Airport transfers
- Professional guide services: Up to 5 hours
- All transfers by private car for scheduled activities
- Entry fees for scheduled activities
- Wine tasting fees
- Day 2: Breakfast
- International and domestic airfare
- Airport entrance and exit fees
- Visa (if required)
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Alcoholic beverages (excluding wine tasting fees)
- Items of a personal nature
- We recommend that our clients consult their General Practitioner or Travel Clinic for advice on necessary vaccinations or medicines depending on the region to which they are traveling.
- All guests are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for all personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation, and curtailment.
- Self-driving passengers renting a car are required to carry a valid international driver's license.