Upon your arrival at O.R. Tambo Airport, you will be met and transferred to Johannesburg’s newest eco boutique hotel, situated centrally in Melrose.
The hotel has 16 bedrooms which offer crisp white sheets, feather duvets, Oregon pine floors, and blesbok skins that give the rooms a natural feel. Flat screen satellite TVs, iPod Sound Dock, and WiFi ensure that you have the latest technology, and the bathrooms are spacious, with bathtubs and separate rain dance showers.
If you arrive later in the day, dine at the hotel’s restaurant, a stylish bistro overlooking the pool and lush gardens. Finish your evening at the hotel’s champagne bar, where a full range of Veuve Clicquot champagnes are stocked, and some innovative cocktail recipes are available to try.
Overnight The Peech Hotel
You will be collected by your guide and vehicle after breakfast this morning. Travel across Johannesburg to Soweto, which is located in the south of the city, and where you will enjoy an intimate two-hour cycle excursion around the streets of the township.
Cycle with your local guide through the community, observing what makes this township unique. Have a taste of Soweto--eat the local burger, Kota--and stop at the shebeen to enjoy a traditional beer with the locals.
You can also take a shorter tour of Soweto that will expose you to some of the area’s most interesting historical sites. Visit the former migrant workers' hostel, see the conditions of male mine workers, and meet the families that live here today. Cycle through the vibrant community of Meadowlands, and continue on to the Hector Pieterson Memorial, the historical landmark of the 1976 student uprising.
Cycle back to Lebo's and enjoy a drink or two.
Stop for lunch before continuing on to the Apartheid Museum, which is likely one of the most moving museums you've ever experienced.
You will embark on a historical voyage of discovery, a personal exploration of the past that examines the story of Apartheid right up to the first democratic elections held in 1994. The tour of the museum lasts approximately two hours.
Return to your hotel later this afternoon to freshen up and relax before dinner. We will provide you with restaurant suggestions for this evening.
Overnight The Peech Hotel
After breakfast this morning, transfer to O.R. Tambo Airport for your ongoing flight.
*Price is subject to change due to date and time of year of booking as well as to currency fluctuation. The price is only an estimate at this time and an accurate costing will be provided when itineraries are chosen and submitted. Prices are based on double occupancy.
- Bicycle rental
- Guided cycle tour of Soweto
- Entrance fee Apartheid Museum
- Days 2 & 3: Breakfast
- International and Domestic Airfare
- Passport, visa, immigration fees
- Personal items, such as alcoholic beverages and laundry
- Baggage/accident/travel insurance
- We recommend that our clients consult their General Practitioner or Travel Clinic for advice on necessary vaccinations or medicines depending on the region to which they are traveling.
- All guests are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for all personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation, and curtailment.
- Self-drive passengers renting a car are required to carry a valid international driver's license.