Arrive in Johannesburg this afternoon, and spend the evening in a hotel on the outskirts of the city. Dine locally and prepare for your early morning departure.
Overnight Johannesburg Airport City Lodge
This morning, pick up and drive your rental car to the Pont Drift Border Post or Limpopo Valley Airfield, where you will be met by a Mashatu representative and transferred to the Mashatu Camp in an open safari vehicle. Check in, relax, and freshen up before a delightful high tea on the terrace overlooking the nearby waterhole.
Later in the day, accompanied by experienced rangers and local trackers, you will get your first glimpse of the rich variety of wildlife in the area on your first game drive. Stop in the bush for sundowners, and, as darkness approaches, the trackers will scan the bush with a powerful spotlight and point out the more elusive nocturnal wildlife—leopards, servals, and wild cats.
The safari vehicles return to camp this evening, where you’ll relax with pre-dinner drinks in the “Gin-Trap” bar. A dinner of fresh foods and local meats will be served in the traditional open-air boma, with the mesmerizing sounds of Africa by night in the background.
Overnight Mashatu Game Reserve
Rise early this morning for a light snack before departing on your early morning game drive, during which you’ll spot exotic birds of all kinds, before returning to camp for a hearty brunch that includes fresh fruits and homemade breads and pastries. Spend the morning relaxing by the pool, or exploring the bush on foot, accompanied by an armed ranger.
Following high tea in the late afternoon, set out again in search of lions, elephants, and zebras. Later, return to camp for another delicious outdoor dinner.
Overnight Mashatu Game Reserve
Early risers can enjoy an early morning game drive before returning to camp in time for a quick brunch before checkout. You will be transferred back to the Pont Drift Border Post or Limpopo Valley Airfield, where you will pick up your rental car and drive back to Johannesburg.
*Price is subject to change due to date and time of year of booking as well as to currency fluctuation. The price is only an estimate at this time and an accurate costing will be provided when itineraries are chosen and submitted. Prices are based on double occupancy.
- Accommodation Johnannesburg 1 night
- Tent Accommodation Mashatu Game Reserve 2 nights (Suite accommodation available at an additional cost)
- Rental car – economy model, 3 days
- Game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles conducted by experienced rangers and trackers
- Game walks
- Transfers to and from the Limpopo Valley Airfield and the Pont Drift Border Post at scheduled times.
- Days 3 & 4: Breakfast
- Day 3: Lunch
- Days 2 & 3: Dinner
- International or Domestic Airfare
- Passport, visa, immigration fees
- Personal items, such as alcoholic beverages and laundry
- Baggage/accident/travel insurance
- We recommend that our clients consult their General Practitioner or Travel Clinic for advice on necessary vaccinations or medicines depending on the region to which they are traveling.
- All guests are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for all personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation, and curtailment.
- Self-drive passengers renting a car are required to carry a valid international driver's license.