In the early evening, arrive at your lodge in Oranjezicht at the foot of Table Mountain, where you’ll enjoy welcome drinks and snacks. A fusion of Southeast Asian and South African cuisine, a traditional Cape Malay dinner of different curry dishes and slowly-cooked stews will be served, either along a shared dining table or in the tranquil garden. After dinner, it’s off to bed to rest up for the following day’s hike.
Overnight Platteklip Wash House
After a breakfast of fresh breads and fruits, a professional guide will help you to select the most suitable ascent up the mountain--Platteklip Gorge, a straightforward two-and-a-half hour hike for the energetic, or the cableway for those looking for something more leisurely. Set off sans your overnight luggage, which will be transported to the Overseer’s Cottages at the top of the mountain.
Once you’ve reached the top, enjoy a picnic lunch at Maclear’s Beacon, the highest point on the mountain, at 1,087 meters. Your route follows the historic Smuts Track to the Overseer’s Cottages on the eastern side of the mountain, where you will gather your overnight luggage and settle into your room. After some relaxation time, enjoy pre-dinner drinks while overlooking False Bay and the distant mountain ranges. Dinner will be a traditional South African braai (barbecue) or potjiekos (cast-iron pot-on-the-fire) stew, served around the fire under the stars, or indoors on cooler evenings.
Overnight Overseer’s Cottages
A wholesome breakfast is followed by a visit to the Waterworks Museum, founded in 1972 and housing a display of memorabilia from the construction of the dams on Table Mountain. Head onwards towards the top of Kasteels Poort, on the western side of the mountain, for breathtaking views of "the diving board" that overlooks Camps Bay and the Atlantic Coastline far below. The trek back to the cottages takes you past the historic Hely-Hutchinson, Woodhead, Victoria, and Alexandra dams, and back towards the view of False Bay and the Cape Flats.
After a final picnic, finish your adventure with a hike down to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, after which you will be re-united with your overnight luggage.
*Price is subject to change due to date and time of year of booking as well as to currency fluctuation. The price is only an estimate at this time and an accurate costing will be provided when itineraries are chosen and submitted. Prices are based on a double occupancy.
- Guided hikes, 2 days
- Days 2 & 3: Breakfast
- Day 2: Lunch
- Days 1 & 2: Dinner
- International or Domestic Airfare
- Passport, visa, immigration fees
- Personal items, such as alcoholic beverages and laundry
- Baggage/accident/travel insurance
***Departs Sundays only.
- We recommend that our clients consult their General Practitioner or Travel Clinic for advice on necessary vaccinations or medicines depending on the region to which they are traveling.
- All guests are strongly advised to take out comprehensive travel insurance covering them for all personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, cancellation, and curtailment.
- Self-drive passengers renting a car are required to carry a valid international driver's license.