New Zealand: Queenstown: Summer Adventure
The summer season in Queenstown offers gorgeous alpine scenery and thrilling adventure activities.
Upon arrival in Queenstown, you will be met by your local guide and transferred by private vehicle to your boutique hotel, enjoying an adventure tour of Queenstown en route. Queenstown, set amidst spectacular Alpine scenery, presents many exciting outdoor adventure options, as well as the perfect setting to relax at the end of the day.
Your first stop is the Kawarau Bridge Bungy. Here you can take a leap or watch others jump off the bridge where it all began. A.J. Hackett, a New Zealander who became a worldwide cult hero after jumping off the Eiffel Tower on a bungy rope, was the first person to develop bungy jumping commercially. You will have the option to discover for yourself why this site is the most popular bungy spot in the world. The most daring jumpers have the opportunity to touch the crystal waters below.
Next you will visit the Shotover Jet, the World’s most exciting jet boat ride. This is a thrilling thirty-minute ride you will never forget! The Shotover Canyon wall towers overhead as your driver skillfully whips the boat past rocky outcrops, and skims over crags and boulders.
At the conclusion of your exciting afternoon, you will be transferred to your hotel for check in.
For dinner this evening, we recommend a fantastic waterfront restaurant and wine bar, located on the lakefront, which specializes in seafood and central Otago wines.
This morning you will be collected from the hotel to enjoy a Dart River Jetboat and Funyak Excursion. Begin your day with the one-hour scenic coach ride to the head of Lake Wakatipu where you will meet your jet boat (maximum group size: 32 people). This truly unique safari combines the thrills of braided river jet boating and the adventure of a downstream paddle in an inflatable two-person canoe; the most exciting way to explore the awe inspiring Dart River Valley and spectacular Mount Aspiring National Park, a World Heritage area.
For dinner this evening we recommend a spot with al fresco dining overlooking the lake, and a private upstairs bar to relax into. Warming open fires throughout and their large climate controlled wine cellar will make it a versatile and entrancing evening out.
Today is at your leisure. You may choose to enjoy one of the following optional activities:
• Milford Sound Helicopter Excursion with Glacier Landing: Your flight sweeps through the Southern Alps, over the secluded alpine lakes and lush forest of Fiordland National Park. You will fly the full length of the fiord before reaching the rugged West Coast with several landings enroute where you may take a stroll on a glacier or black sand beach. You will enjoy a picnic lunch in a special location high in the mountains.
• Personalized Wine Tour: Visit the Gibbston Valley wine region where extreme conditions have led to pioneering winemaking, consistently superb wines, and worldwide recognition. Enjoy a wine cave tour and wine tasting following lunch at Amisfield Winery, the award winning winery known for its “Grown Not Made” philosophy.
• Guided walk on the Routeburn Track: As you walk up the wide smooth track to Routeburn Flats your guide will point out the unique flora and bird life of the Routeburn Valley. Enjoy a hot drink and lunch at Routeburn Flats Hut while taking in the splendor of the surrounding mountains before heading on to the Routeburn Falls or meandering home.
• The Queenstown Gondola and Skyline Luge: The scenery’s a blur! Hurtle along a winding downhill track through the trees. Race through the bends, or pull in for a rest and enjoy the panorama from one of the stopping bays. Fly down on the fast track, or cruise sedately down the scenic track, then hop on the chairlift and do it all again. Skyline Luge – 800 meters of fast-paced freedom where one ride down is never enough!
• Round of Golf at Jack’s Point: This 18 hole 72-par golf course is designed by John Darby, the designer of The Hills, Millbrook and Clearwater golf courses. Jack’s Point is surrounded by the Remarkables mountain range and set on the shores of Lake Wakatipu. It traverses through wetland to the lake edge encountering steep bluffs, indigenous vegetation and wildlife. It is designed to work with nature, not against it. Fairways are designed with minimal excavation and careful plantings to complement the natural environment, but also to give the golfer a fighting chance. **
This evening we recommend dinner at a restaurant offering classic fine French food made using only the freshest ingredients.
This morning you will be collected from the hotel and transferred by private vehicle to Queenstown Airport for your departing flight, or continue onto your next Willing Foot destination.
This is just the beginning.
Get in touch to design your dream trip.